Here are six simple suggestions to allow you to perform at your highest and most efficient, which you can begin implementing right away:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh. When do you drink your first glass of water each day?
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritize your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete. What’s your “Top 3” today?
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task (uninterrupted)and accomplish more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water. What’s your most important task for the next 50 minutes?
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. Have an exercise routine and stick to it…you’ll be glad you did. How will you sweat today?
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. You may even keep a gratitude journal. Every morning, write out at least five things you are thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on 10 things you are grateful for. What are you grateful for today?
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Ask yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?
By doing this daily, you may find stress levels going down, productivity going up and hopefully bank account going up too. 🙂